View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 04:22 PM   #116
MavsFTR
Golden Member

MavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud ofMavsFTR has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman View Post
A late first rounder that got benched for George Hill v. a former first round draft pick that is enabling his team to massively exceed expectations while producing sublime numbers. Real great comparison.

Oh, and John Wall knows how to make an entry pass and run a pick and roll with a big.
Oh God, what a silly thing to bring up. What difference does it make whether he was drafted 1st or 20th? We're talking about the importance of speed and IQ. Of course John Wall is better than Collison in both regards, but that's not my point.

I value BBALL IQ over speed when it comes to a PG and you only need to look at Collison to see that. Sure JW has more speed and IQ than Collison, but honestly, who doesn't? Wall's IQ is not that great, that's my point. When we had a genius running the show, we won a championship. Having a speedy dumbass has not led us to a great season. I want a guy like Calderon.

I am, however, curious as to whether JW could blossom into savvy player under Carlisle. I'm not willing to risk Dirk's last few years to find out though.
MavsFTR is offline   Reply With Quote