View Single Post
Old 12-02-2004, 01:15 PM   #39
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Ro Blackman - Color Commentator Extraordinaire

I have no doubt that if you follow another NBA team, and then watch one Mav telecast and hear Matt and Bob, you will think they are the goofiest broadcast team in all of televised sports.

However, as a Mav fan, I've grown accustomed to their goofy ways. And if you think Matt is goofy now, did you hear him when he was doing the radio broadcasts? He was super-goofy (i.e., referring to Bradley as "vanilla thunder"). He's definitely toned it down for TV.

Ortegal is sooooo predictable. I get so tired of hearing, "It is important to close out the quarter strongly, Matt." But again, after hearing him game after game, he becomes almost endearing. The predictability is comforting in a self-tormenting sort of way.

I can't comment on Ro objectively. I am a Kansas native who worshipped Ro at K-State. I moved to Dallas a year before the Mavs drafted Ro. Needless to say, Ro is my all-time favorite Mav. Accordingly, I can't bad mouth his color-commentary performance. Honestly, though, I can't say much good either.
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote