View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 01:35 AM   #74
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Kobe has as many rings as Duncan has, three more than Dirk has, and half as many as Jordan has. And he's probably yet to reach his prime. I wouldn't be counting him out just yet.

It's probably scary to think of what kind of player Kobe will be when he matures like Jordan did, and when he gets even a shadow of the surrounding talent Jordan had.

Dislike Kobe all you want, but the guy is the best basketball player on the planet.
And Robert Horry has tons more than Koby will every have. Kobe has yet to lead a team to a title. He followed along in Shaq's considerable wake. Kobe has yet to proof he has what it takes to win the big one as the top banana.

I seriously doubt that Kobe will ever mature. Jordan has the great experience of 3 years under Dean Smith to form a foundation. Kobe was an egocentric skip college and go straight to the NBA.

And I don't know if I'd put Kobe in the top 5 players on the planet. He certainly has talent, but he has a ton of baggage as well. I just pray that Kobe never plays for the Mavs, because the talent to baggage ratio just isn't big enough for me. Plus I just don't see Kobe having what it takes to build a championship team around.