View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 05:45 PM   #88
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
they've started selling Yuengling here in nashville. great beer. I get it every time i'm up in Philly.
Yuengling is a darned good beer, and it was once the principal Pennsylvania competitor and rival to one of my favorite beers, the excellent Stegmaier Gold Medal Lager, brewed in Wilkes-Barre Pennsylvania by some of my distant ancestors. Before prohibition Steg was one of the biggest breweries in the country, but like so many other great old American breweries it was never fully able to recover from that abysmal period, and is now a specialty beer that is quite difficult to find outside of the hills of North-Eastern Pennsylvania (sadly, much harder than Yuengling)...

Good stuff...