View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 02:52 PM   #25
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Totally agree. Jason Kidd had nothing left in the tank last season, so I don't really see how bringing back Tyson Chandler would've helped us beat either of those teams... Plus, Jason Terry way overachieved during our championship run - that guy has never and will never play like that again.

Getting the gang back together wouldn't have "guaranteed" anything other than future payroll restrictions.
So why wouldn't the same Indiana trade been available this year as welll? You may not have gotten brand/kaman/ mayo. But certainly the collison deal was there I expect. I don't understand why folks give the mbt such kudos for putting together a roster after the fact, but somehow if they had Tyson they would have been braindead and stuck with the same team.

There seems to be no reason that they couldn't have been just as creative as they are now, except they would have had a decent center anchoring the thing. And a piece tht would have been valuable in its own right.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote