View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #26
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
The short answer is that the roster just wasn't that good. (Not to mention how much better the competition got) It amazes me how short peoples' memories are. As soon as that buzzer sounded in game 6, everyone seemed to forget that the Mavs were huge underdogs against both the Heat and the Lakers. What happened last summer was nothing short of a miracle. It was a perfect storm of extremely unlikely double-digit comebacks, and choke-jobs on the part of opponents.

And those people are wrong. Even with Chandler, I highly doubt the Mavs could've gotten past the Thunder or the Spurs or even the Lakers. Maybe we would've seeded a little higher and managed to get the second round, but that's about it. Landing Deron was a 50/50 shot. The odds of getting back to the finals (or even the WCF) with the same roster from the previous year was considerably lower.
Your unprovable opinion. With respect to the "miracle" I disagree totally with. Who can know what players may have liked to hitch their wagon up to the Mavs if they truly trying to win instead of gutting the team. It's unknowable.

But we do know where we are right now. A mediocre team that will maybe make 7th and get beat in the first round, probably. Then do it all over again. SSDD
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 08-10-2012 at 03:02 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote