View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #33
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
They did that! They no only did that, but they tried to get Deron and Dwight in the process. What don't you understand again? This year's team, barring injury, is pretty much guaranteed to be better than last season. What other goal can you have other than getting stars?
No they did NOT do that. Letting Tyson go for nothing and then getting Odom was NOT putting their best team out there.

Quote:
Do you really not get that your arguments are equally unprovable? Chandler is not the end all be all player you think he is. He really isn't. He is a really nice player that isn't a superstar. You can talk in circles, but it really won't make what you are saying more compelling.
Sure I do, it's all unknowable.. There is one thing I do know, the mavs had the best team in the world..PERIOD. Whether they would have had the best team going forward is unknowable..IMO it's pretty knowable that if they are planning to strip it all down to try and land Deron/Dwight..it's pretty knowable that they were not trying to win it all last year. Do you think they were?

Quote:
If Kaman stays healthy, then the Chandler discussion will have run out of steam (if it hasn't already). Kaman isn't quite the rebounder or help side defender, but he is there or better in every other category. And his percentages won't be as high because he takes 7 more fg attempts per game. Why? Because the guy knows how to score. Chandler gives you mostly garbage points, lobs, or put backs. Just give it a chance before you jump off a cliff.
We will obviously check back in around January. But I don't see it. First I don't think he compliments dirk that well, never has. In fact no low-post scorer who isn't a defensive stud probably would. I was wrong about Al Jefferson for example. Kaman I expect will get beat out by brand for the closing center anyway.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote