View Single Post
Old 04-23-2004, 05:00 PM   #19
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:If the season had ended after last game...

Quote:
Originally posted by: Murphy3 Sure, he'd be given a free pass if the players overcame the obstacle of having Nellie as the coach and advanced deep into the playoffs.
heh, heh. I like the way you put that.
I'm a flip-flopper, though. I go back and forth with Nellie, hating him and his "genius", then remembering that Bradley played a lot against Portland last year - right when he was needed. I'm yelling for Bradley now, but then I remember how embarrassed he and Raef were by the old man Divac previously against the Kings. So maybe Nellie does know something. Everything looks like crap this year (you can read that: "Why do we have Walker???" or "Damn those early injuries!!"). But Nellie wasn't the only one that thought LaFrentz for Walker was good. It just hasn't worked out. Or maybe it will. Maybe they'll figure it out after being down 0-2 and heading back home like they did a couple years ago against Utah. Because of stuff like that - because Nellie is doing a bunch of stuff that I don't understand (you can read that: "crap I don't agree with"), I'll give him the same constraints I give just about anyone else - you're only as good as your last game (or series).

So if the season ended today, Nelson should be gone, cause his team ended crappily.
But if Fin and Nash step up,
or if Walker hits his shots
or if Bradley takes the court as the next coming of mutombo, Nelson should stay, cause his team stepped up.

As of right now, all those ifs are imaginary, and only one of them has a zero chance of happening - so it seems silly to choose only one as a context for "Should Nellie be gone?"
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote