Thread: Texas/Arkansas
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2003, 08:17 PM   #7
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default RE: Texas/Arkansas

Wooo Pig Sooie!

I hope we beat the shit out of TU, but it ain't gonna happen. Of course, that is exactly what I said before the game the last time the Hogs played the Horns. That game wasn't close, 27-6 Arkansas in the 2000 Cotton Bowl. I hope my pessimism is somehow good luck.

The Horns struggle against good running teams. Arkansas has an awesome ground game. They thrive behind Shaun Andrews, the all-american tackle. Of course, Texas has a great defense...so something has to give.

The horns have a great crew of receivers, and with Benson unable to run against that TOUGH NMSU defense, I doubt he'll run on Arkansas. So, it will be essential for Mock/Young to be on the money with their passes. Unfortunately, Arkansas' strength lies in its secondary. Once again...something has to give.

I can't wait for this game. I've been so pumped about it since August.