View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 11:33 PM   #683
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Interesting. I'll have to listen in. What you say surprises me, given how good he is at other sports (and baseball is a slower moving game).

I think he had a little stint with the Mavs once, didn't he?
He did.

The baseball thing is weird. For one, it seems pretty clear that he doesn't really know that much about baseball. He tends to give very generic views on things, and Nadel tend to step in and correct him on things.

He also has real trouble with the cadence of the game. When things are moving slow, he fills in with a lot of extra info and discussion, and then he lets that filler step on the actual game. I can't tell you how many times I've heard "Oakland beats Anaheim 3-1, ball outside, Toronto beats blah blah blah blah blah...just outside 2-2". Like he gets so caught up in the non-game-related filler that he forgets that we can't see when a pitcher goes into his windup, etc. and just completely stops describing the action.

Drives me completely insane, and it just makes it worse when you hear the greatness of Nadel for over half of the game and then have to be stuck with him.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote