View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 04:51 PM   #15
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I don't think it matters who else is out there if Terry is the one getting targeted and is stuck defending isos and pick-and-rolls.

IMO Terry isn't ready for the NBA and I'd be shocked to see him get any minutes this season.
I think Terry will be ready for the NBA but I agree that he probably won't get many minutes this season. Burke and Brunson will get most of the minutes but I do think Rick will at least give Terry a small look and hopefully he'll make an immediate impact like Yogi did and get more time.

Terry seems to have all of the attributes to be successful in this league and he should flourish in this system. Also, the Mavs have the pieces now to make up for one dimensional offensive players so his lack of defense will not be a big problem. Terry will also benefit from the absence of Curry and will most likely be our best sharp shooter which should make him a need at some point in the season.

Worst case: John Jenkins
Best case (long-term): Trae Young

I have extremely high expectations for him in the long-term, more than any of the other acquisitions this off-season.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote