View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 09:23 PM   #22
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
We had no chance at Bane. He was gone before we picked at 31.
lol, I'm aware.

But, there's a reason Boston traded directly in front of the Mavs to take him. I think the Mavs planned to take whichever player was there at 31, either Bane or Terry. And, I'm sure they were aware the 30th pick was being shopped on draft night. My point was that if it takes Terry the entire length of his contract year to become playable on the defensive end, we might end up wishing they had specifically targeted Bane, and not had the "either of them" approach. They could've moved up just as easily as Boston. More easily, actually.

But who knows, maybe they didn't even want Bane and tricked people into thinking they did. I don't think so, but it's possible. I'm almost certain that's what they did with Pokusevski at #18. I think there were some major smokescreens there.

Did you really think I posted that thought without knowing where Bane went in the draft?

Last edited by KillerLeft; 11-29-2020 at 09:25 PM.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote