View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 09:16 AM   #24
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
lol, I'm aware.

But, there's a reason Boston traded directly in front of the Mavs to take him. I think the Mavs planned to take whichever player was there at 31, either Bane or Terry. And, I'm sure they were aware the 30th pick was being shopped on draft night. My point was that if it takes Terry the entire length of his contract year to become playable on the defensive end, we might end up wishing they had specifically targeted Bane, and not had the "either of them" approach. They could've moved up just as easily as Boston. More easily, actually.

But who knows, maybe they didn't even want Bane and tricked people into thinking they did. I don't think so, but it's possible. I'm almost certain that's what they did with Pokusevski at #18. I think there were some major smokescreens there.

Did you really think I posted that thought without knowing where Bane went in the draft?
Actually the Grizzlies made the trade to get that pick from Boston and got Bane but I wouldn't be surprised if the Mavs had Terry in their sights all along...especially if they knew the trade with the Sixers was there before they made the pick at 31. Mavs had already taken Green (made that pick quickly) and then traded a small sharp shooter for another player that played a similar position as Bane. That made Terry a great potential replacement for Curry.

I do think the Mavs would have taken Bane if Memphis would have taken Terry but my guess is that Terry was the guy they preferred.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote