View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 12:38 PM   #30
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I'm not really concerned about the low release. He has a quick fire shot which is far more important as any type of height release shot can be contested if not taken fast enough.
Terry has already become a favorite of mine so I've been watching a ton of video of him and the one thing that impresses the hell out of me, and why I think he will do quite well in this league, is his intelligence and ability to position himself well against defenders so I do agree the low release shouldn't be big concern. You see it when he plays off the ball which will be a dream for Luka and you see it when he creates his own shot. You also see it when he drives to the basket as he knows how to elude and trick defenders much like Nash and Barea can do.

The art of PG play is much like martial arts in the fact of getting the bigger person to over commit or get off balance to gain the edge of quickness. Some get it and some don't. This kid seems to have that knack and will become a tremendous weapon in our offense. I'm a big KC Chiefs fan and the Mavs taking Terry reminds me of the Chiefs taking Clyde Edwards-Helaire at the end of the 1st round and thinking they got an absolute gem that would fit their system. Terry gives me the same vibes as a Mavs fan.

Donnie absolutely hit it out of the park with this pick imho.

Last edited by rimrocker; 12-06-2020 at 12:44 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote