View Single Post
Old 04-07-2004, 10:21 PM   #7
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE: Kerry: Muqtada al Sadr a "Legitimate Voice"

So I assume that there was nothing incorrect with the Kerry statement above?

First, just to be accurate, you say that al-Sadr's group was responsible for Fallajuh, which is not the case. Those were Sunni.

Last time I looked al-Sadr's followers were Iraqis, and it is their voices we are going to have vote/run the new Iraq. Why are they not "legitimate"?

al-Sadr has become more extreme in his rhetoric as the confrontation has progressed, like the reference to Hamas etc. as he tries to get more power. He's raised the stakes, and I think he will regret it. In the short term tho Kerry is correct in that an attack on al-Sadr (especially in his mosque) would produce a reaction from his militia. When they responded before it appears we weren't prepared appropriately...if we escalate the battle we should "change the dynamic" and be prepared.

Seems correct to me.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote