View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 05:24 PM   #1340
ray_sir_6

ray_sir_6 is a jewel in the roughray_sir_6 is a jewel in the roughray_sir_6 is a jewel in the roughray_sir_6 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun View Post
I'm surprised the LeBron "was it a travel?" play is being talked about so much. The play that sticks out in my mind, since it brought back '06 for me, was the LeBron dunk in the 4th quarter. I don't think a single Mavs player even attempted to play defense yet a foul somehow occurred.
Chandler barely touched Lebron with his hand while he was moving out of the way. Foul? Yes. Consistent with the level of calls for the entire game, NO. But hey, an all ball strip is a foul, so at least this time there was SOME CONTACT.

3 calls that could have turned the game to the Mavs win:

Dirk strip that got Bosh two free throws.
Lebron jumping into Terry on a missed 3.
The screen where Haslem ran thru Chandler.

That is 7 pts the Mavs should have gotten if they got points for those possessions, and 2 points the Heat shouldn't have gotten.

Mavs 84, Heat 92 vs Mavs 91, Heat 90.

Those three calls in the 4th quarter are all we needed to win the game. They were all REGULAR CALLS that the refs blew. Throw in a the few "it's Wade" or "it's Lebron" star fouls, like the +1 mentioned above, and we are up by 2-5 pts at the end. We have them, we just need to make the shots and even refs won't be able to shave enough points for the Heat to win.

I still think it'll be Heat in 6. I know Miami and Stern want their closing act for "The Decision" to come in their hometown, and not in Dallas. We win Gm 2, and Gm 4. Hopefully we can ruin their plans, but 5 on 8 is pretty difficult, so we need to bring our A GAME. Plus a Butler return for Gm3.....
ray_sir_6 is offline   Reply With Quote