View Single Post
Old 05-24-2004, 04:18 PM   #5
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of
Default RE:Direction of the War in Iraq

Quote:
Originally posted by: FishForLunch
Did anyone see 60 minutes yesterday. The weekly Bush bashing guest this time was Gen Anthony Zinni. He said the only good thing that happened was the superb showing of the Army taking Bagdad, following the taking of bagdad he said everything went down hill. He suggested that Rumsfield, Bremer and Wolfowitz be canned for screwing the Post War phase. He said he would have got the UN and Nato helping to solve the post war chaos as the US is not capable of such a task.
we must have seen 2 different shows. I heard that the US invasion was well done, but once Bagdadh was taken & the Iraqi infrastructure vanished the US has been fumbling along making one mistake after another. He suggested that rather than the US go on as the symbol of the reconstuction, having a different face on the occupation would allow for progress in establishing an Iraqi governed society. I didn't hear that Zinni ever said that the US isn't "capable".

Quote:
I think it is better to have elections in stages, first the peacful North, followed by the Shia South once mookie is eliminated and Iran's influence is stopped, finally followed by the Sunni Middle. I think the swiss model will better fit Iraq, Iraq was forced together by the Brits and maintained by brutal strongmen.
just "eliminate" the one's you don't want involved eh?

It is ironic the group that is ending with the most power are the Kurds, who'se rise in influence involves both Syria and Turkey.
Having the Shi'a form a secular government would be valuable, but the only institution remaining are the religious sort.
So far the one group that they're working with are old Baathists.
Zinni is right.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote