View Single Post
Old 09-09-2004, 12:52 AM   #54
poohrichardson

poohrichardson is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Intellectual Trade

If someone tells me..
"A player isn't truely great unless I can jack off looking at his career stats and championship history"
I will just laugh at them. That's essentially what you're saying.

Winning a championship is the absolute pinnacle of team sports.. but that doesn't mean individual talent has to be based on championship success because let's face it.. Jordan is the best ever, but he also has a supporting cast that complemented his game perfectly. Barkley carried a pretty shitty Suns team on his back to the Finals, and what? Because he couldn't beat Jordan, he isn't an all-time great? That's the biggest load of horse shit I've ever heard in my life.. everyone that says you need a championship and **STATS** to be a truely great player is just incapable of watching and interpreting the game of basketball. Would Larry Bird not be a true great if he didn't fuel the Celtics to championships in the 80s? How about Magic? How about Dr. J? That's just bullshit. A championship just adds to a single player's accolades and accomplishments; it does not make them or break them as a true "GREAT." To think it does is just the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

"Pooh, you can't read."

Is that why I can tell you I think you're wrong, only for you to repeat the same bullshit over and over and over again?

KEEP TO THE TOPIC AND LAY OFF THE PERSONAL INSULTS - Dallas-Mavs.com Mod
poohrichardson is offline   Reply With Quote