View Single Post
Old 09-09-2004, 11:51 AM   #69
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Intellectual Trade

Quote:
Originally posted by: poohrichardson
Quote:
Originally posted by: V2M
I agree with Male23Dan and Alby on this topic. There are many great players but a few of 'em are considered greater among the greats. Those are the ones who've won championships.

Malone, Stockton, Payton, Barkley, Ewing, etc., are all no doubt Hall of Fame bound. But I would never ever put 'em on par with Jordan, Bird, Magic, Hakeem, etc.

Question to ET and PR: Who'd you pick to quarterback your team, Joe Montana or Dan Marino... and why?

That's just a different story.. because Super Bowl rings or not, I just plain think Montana was better. It has absolutely nothing to do with Marino's lack of a championship.
But I dont think you would have said that if the shoe were on the other foot, and Marino had led his team to multiple Super Bowl titles... You may not see that, but I dont know how you wouldn't considering that Marino owns most of the records and all Montana has on him is the titles!!! I think if Marino would have won multiple Super Bowls, there would not even be a SLIGHT QUESTION as to who is the best QB in the history of the game... As it stands, despite the records Marino holds, there is definitely debate as to who the best ever is at QB!