View Single Post
Old 02-03-2006, 10:22 AM   #27
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooby
I don't hang out here as much as I used too, but how can anybody say this anymore? Avery has a bunch of guys that could not play defense according to Don Nelson, and not only has them playing better D, but playing better overall.

Nelson was lazy at the end. He preferred playing golf to going to practice. F' him.
Well, he didn't have Diop, and he didn't have Griffin. So there's two of five in the starting lineup. (Yes, I know, he had Griffin before. He also won 60 games that year.)

Nellie may well have been lazy in '04, but he was on his game in '03 (and every year up until then). I don't have a whole lot of doubt in my mind that if Nellie's team hadn't been broken up in that ill-fated summer of '03, he would have already won a championship by now, or been very close.

You may, but I don't.

As I always say, genius strikes where it pleases. And it struck right on top of Don Nelson's silver head.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote