View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #11
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I don't think Garcia is thought of as a future every day player anyway, so I don't think anyone's real concerned about it.

I'm very concerned about the bullpen. Soria and Feliz will come back at some point, but pitchers coming off TJ (like Soria) generally aren't real useful the first 6-8 months back.
I like Garcia in the back-up utility role. I agree that he won't be an every day player, at least for us anyway. Plus, Profar is taking up his spot at AAA (for everyday, his best position is SS).

I disagree on the TJ agrument. It definitely takes a longer time for starting pitchers to come back, but for relievers they have a different timetable. For reference, we will be able to track three this year, fortnately or unfortunately, in Lewis, Feliz, and Soria. Time will tell how they handle Feliz, if he continues to be a starter or they work him back into the bullpen, at least for the time being. But I think most recently Joe Nathan had TJ and came back pretty effectively. I remember him being ultimately replaced by Capps but Capps was and still is a pretty strong closer. I think Soria and Feliz can come back and bolster this bullpen. It does look a little unpromising but with Ross and Kirkman, aloong with continued success from Scheppers with Nathan cleaning it up, you just have to hope for Frasor and Lowe can be serviceable.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote