View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #12
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I disagree on the TJ agrument. It definitely takes a longer time for starting pitchers to come back, but for relievers they have a different timetable. For reference, we will be able to track three this year, fortnately or unfortunately, in Lewis, Feliz, and Soria. Time will tell how they handle Feliz, if he continues to be a starter or they work him back into the bullpen, at least for the time being. But I think most recently Joe Nathan had TJ and came back pretty effectively. I remember him being ultimately replaced by Capps but Capps was and still is a pretty strong closer. I think Soria and Feliz can come back and bolster this bullpen. It does look a little unpromising but with Ross and Kirkman, aloong with continued success from Scheppers with Nathan cleaning it up, you just have to hope for Frasor and Lowe can be serviceable.
Nathan is an example on my side. He was pretty bad until the final month or so of the season his last year for Minnesota.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote