View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 12:02 PM   #83
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
Is it? Isn't what he said...true? Not that Luka wasn't trying to do that...but history pretty much clearly demonstrates that even someone as talented as Luka can't win on his own. That wasn't finger pointing...it was coaching. What's more, I think Luka would agree. He can't win it by himself.

Now, the other side of that is...those he passes to have to hit their shots. in a nutshell, in the games we won, they did, and in the games we lost, they didn't.

KP, assuming he is still here, needs to get more involved. That seems to be a joint responsibility. Some on Luka, some on KP, and some (maybe most?) on RC. I find the strategy they used with him questionable...were things really that different than when these two teams played last year, and KP was a major factor? Aside from that, when he's on the perimeter, it seems he seldom receives the ball, even though he is probably our best 3 point shooter. Why was that? Aside from that, KP needs to move more without the ball, and make himself more available. I did see that happening more in game 7, but not enough.

It could be that Luka wasn't passing to him because that was seldom where the double teams were coming from. So, someone else was usually more open. BUT KP could just shoot over whoever was guarding him, as he did several times.

I'm assuming there aren't going to be huge changes in the roster for next year. However, even if there is, I'm not sure that changes this: RC needs to figure out how to make all this work, and get the players to buy into it, and execute it. If he can't, then maybe that's the roster change that is needed.
The "other side of this" makes the argument completely moot. The ONLY guy who needed the ball more was KP who was also terrible. If you shoot 0-5 from three, then would you keep passing that guy the ball? We clearly need to integrate KP into the system better, but passing him the ball wasn't the problem.

The rest of the guys you can't trust to save your life. Luka passing them the ball doesn't do any good if they aren't hitting their shots. Pretty much all of the B squad gets colder than the arctic at any given time, and I'm not sure what fix there is other than getting better teammates.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote