View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 09:05 AM   #1822
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Cuban said he thought continuity was important and that "we have a good team". He seemed to downplay the likelihood of any deals being completed by the trade deadline. He might just be blowing smoke, but I could see them sticking with their current roster. I believe that at the minimum they should be looking to trade JJ and his large expiring contract. I like JJ and thought he would play an important role, but it hasn't really turned out that way in my opinion.
There's about a 1000% chance he's blowing smoke. Every coach and every owner says they have a good team. What the hell is he supposed to say? "The team sucks, we need to make a trade otherwise the season is over?"

Quote:
If you believe the rumors there are quite a few very good players available if the right deal comes around.
I'm honestly not sure which rumors you're referring to. So I don't know if I believe them or not. Which "very good" players are supposedly available? So far the potential trades that I've seen floated around in the media are very, very "meh." Unfortunately I don't think anyone so desperate at the moment to shed salary that they'll trade impact players in exchange for an expiring contract. Especially before the offseason. I hope I'm wrong. Keep in mind that since pretty much everyone re-signed with their teams before the season even started, this is now one of the weakest free agent classes in recent memory. So I doubt anyone is particularly motivated to clear salary for a free agent signing- unless someone really wants Andre Drummond or something.

Quote:
I hope the MBT is on the phone and aggressively pursuing something and not passively waiting around for something to fall in their lap. They might be thinking they will continue to evaluate the current roster and look to make deals in the offseason. That would not surprise me. I feel some urgency to upgrade, but I am not at all certain the MBT sees it that way.
I'm going to go ahead an predict that there will be no significant trades before the deadline and we will have to wait for the offseason for any meaningful movement. Not because the MBT loves the team so much, but because there simply isn't a deal to be made. I want to upgrade the team as much as anyone, but I don't want to force a trade just for the sake of it.

This applies not just to Dallas, but to anyone. Meaningful midseason trades are actually quite rare. There's maybe 1 or 2 per year across the league. The other 28 or so teams usually wait until the offseason.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote