View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 05:32 PM   #15
Popeye

Popeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to beholdPopeye is a splendid one to behold

The Mavs should re-sign Chandler but I hope they don't overpay. I don't think his free agent value is all that great. He's not young, not a star, and has had injury issues in the past. I think a deal at $10mm/year should get it done for the Mavs. Why would a team like the Nets pay more than that?

The Mavs have $64mm in salary committed already and signing Chandler probably puts them at $75mm, which is likely just above the luxury tax. Unless they amnesty Haywood, they'll probably say goodbye to JJB, Butler and Stevenson unless they get them for super cheap. Is JJB worth $3 mil in salary plus another $4.5 mil in luxury tax?
Popeye is offline   Reply With Quote