View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 05:25 PM   #417
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

I truly wish there was more passion for Futbol in the USA!!!

I love a variety of sports and do my best not to be negative towards other sports. In addition to Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey and Tennis, I enjoy watching Futbol or Soccer (Which the term originated in Europe...but that's up for a new thread debate)...anyway, as an American, it pains me to see so many Americans disrespect the sport of Soccer.

Then to see the sports media only pay lip service to the sport. No doubt, it's a business of ratings and American fans quite simply have not bought into this great sport.

Hopefully with the World Cup coming around, we will see a Team USA have some strong success. I say this as a fan of not only Team USA, but of the sport. After all, it's clear that if Team USA does well, we will see more Americans jumping on the Soccer bandwagon.

Thus perhaps some stronger development in the MLS and a greater acceptance internationally of the American Soccer Athlete...in turn, more media coverage for U.S. soccer as well as International soccer.

Ultimately building a bigger fan base...and then the cycle continues.

That being said, there's a tendency for media to play to only top teams. In otherwords, when we watch ESPN Sports Center, for MLB we see non-stop Yankee/Red Sox coverage, in the NBA is Kobe and the Lakers, in the NFL...:-) it's Cowboys, Cowboys, Cowboys!!! and so forth. So in soccer we see the "MAJOR" teams or so-called super stars, but we are not exposed to additional pieces of soccer.

Thus we remain soccer idiots...

I would love to see Soccer become one of the most beloved sports in America and see some serious coverage devoted to many teams/players within soccer, so that we in the USA can be better educated on this sport.

No doubt, there will be many who dismiss my view...hell, many on here think I'm an idiot anyway, so that part doesn't matter...this is more be blowing hot air about not getting more Soccer coverage and not having the time to dig for more information to see more games, etc...

Someday, and hopefully, again, with 2010 World Cup around the corner, we can see some truly great entertainment via Soccer!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote