View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 03:59 PM   #419
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Well Dad,

maybe this sounds a little bluesy, but maybe it´s better not to get too deep into soccer-stuff and/or not to pick yet another sports you can easily get addicted to.
While i strongly disagree with the NBA/MLB trade and draft whorehouse, i must admit that European Soccerleagues are even worse, since over here it´s possible to buy players nearly any time during the off-season or the winter-break. So, if there is a young player coming up, the major clubs pull out a check and some cash and there he goes...and those clubs roll in the cups. Inter, AC, Barca, Sporting, Porto, Ajax, PSV,Real, ManU, Chelski, the Gunners, ManCity maybe soon - that´s it. In England, not even ´Pool can compete.
The Knicks, when i´m right here, had the biggest payroll for years and they played and play like crap. Boston, or the Lakers made it to the title.
Even the s**tty Yankees with their insane payroll have been struggling for some seasons. But unsportsmanlike behavior like the effin´ Steinbrenners display waiving Jonny Damon and the Godzilla, who both hat great impact @ the Worldseries, is hardly to be found in Soccer.
And Andy Caps nearly can´t afford soccer anymore. You have to pay about 1200 Brit-Pounds for a season ticket @ Tottenham. So there are some supporters, who quit on that shabby game and take the early flight London-Hamburg ( 30 € flight, 5 € tube, 12 € seat ) and they are better off with that. Can you imagine ?

But, i gotta go now. Kick-off at Camp nou ;-)

Last edited by GermanDunk; 02-27-2010 at 04:02 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote