View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 05:41 PM   #393
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I don't know...I kind of feel for the guy. I genuinely believe he just made a dumb mistake in his venom and rage at the basketball game. Lord knows I've said some stupid things in a GDT here every now and then.

That being said, he has to be smarter than that. His profile is not huge, but it's big enough that he's not just some dude with a twitter account. Bad move by him and he probably deserved what he got. It's amazing how what probably seemed like harmless venting/joking to him at the time will affect his family and career.
I'm kind of in the same boat. I sort of feel for the guy. I know BAD radio said that he's just a die-hard Mavs fan. Like you mentioned, this board offers plenty of evidence of what happens to passionate sports fans when emotions are churning and tempers are high. When you toss alcohol into the mix, things get said that are later regretted. I personally don't even throw alcohol into the equation, and I've still said my share of things that I regretted later. Nothing that would offend the Hispanic community at large, but still stuff that I shouldn't have said.

The ironic thing about the Bascik situation is that even though he's pretty low on The Ticket totem pole, he might have the biggest national profile of anyone at The Ticket when you consider that he's the guy who threw the record homer to Bonds. He certainly should have watched his step and taken that into account.

I guess the main thing to take away from this story is that Twitter is the debil.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote