View Single Post
Old 02-11-2003, 04:36 PM   #233
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about

Sleater-Kinney is the greatest band ever. Dig Me Out is my all-time fave, with Call the Doctor a close second. Are they big at all in Australia? They're pretty much relegated to "critics' darlings" status here... which means that I can still see them in small venues when they tour, so I'm okay with that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Ooooh, I do hope they come play 'round your parts; they're such a blast live.

And I agree, turbo.mav, that the Sinead + Massive collaboration isn't working for me like I thought it would. I have to admit that I love old Sinead-- her first album, The Lion and the Cobra, is on my all-time top 10 list-- and so was thrilled to hear that she would be on this album. I'm still hoping it grows on me... otherwise, it's been months of anticipation for naught! (And I do so hate that.)

Another good album recently is Interpol's "Turn on the Bright Lights"... they're getting a bit hyped, which makes me squeamish, but the album is a good Joy Division-esque mopefest.

What's up with Sparta? I'll have to look them up, too.