Thread: Rondo?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 02:44 PM   #133
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
Some of you guys who bash the idea before it even happens, need to get some perspective. We aren't going anywhere with our team, as currently constructed, period. Our defense is absolute trash for the better part of the last two seasons. We know that Dirk is signed for three more seasons including this one. That means we won't start any rebuilding before the 2017/2018 season.

So my question, what do we have to lose, even if we sign Rondo to a hefty three-year contract? Nothing, we want to win another championship, and nobody else is really available at the moment. You might as well take a chance at Rondo, maybe it will work. I don't think the chances are great, but you have to try something.
We have a long way to go until we can be an elite offensive team against the great defenses in the league. We have even further to go with our defense and rebounding. Those may not even be possible.

As good as we are offensively, offense can be disrupted. Who cares if we can score, if we can't also defend. In those closing moments of games, we're having troubles defending and getting important rebounds. Even the best offensive team can be disrupted and beaten by a team that can get offensive rebounds, steals, and get to the line.

Our odds right now aren't terrible, but they aren't good either. We're a stacked regular-season team right now as built. I want to keep Wright, but who cares if we go 13-deep if we can't close a game with five?
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote