Thread: Rondo?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 04:59 PM   #168
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggymcfly View Post
Yes, we're way below average on defense and rebounding, but we're also at previously unseen historically good levels in terms of offensive efficiency so it balances out. Right now, the power rankings derived from the betting lines have us as the 2nd best team in the entire league on a day-to-day basis behind Golden State:
http://stats.inpredictable.com/rankings/nba.php

If we improve at all from the players getting time together on defense, and learning how to cover each other on rotations, we're absolutely a contender to win the title. Probably have the best-looking team we've had going into the playoffs since the year we had 67 wins and the 1 seed.
You really put an awful lot of stock in those betting lines, don't you? I don't. I tend to agree with the other posters who have the Mavs pegged as a 2nd round team at best.

If you're expecting the Mavs to get any better on defense as the season goes on, I think you're in for a big disappointment. I reiterate- our problems have nothing to do with chemistry or time. No amount of time together is going to make this a better defensive team. We lack size and ability. Not chemistry.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote