View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 07:29 PM   #10
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
of all the places to cut the books down, bombadil was the obvious selection. it's a fun read, but would have had casual audiences saying WTF?

to me, jackson has earned the right to make any LOTR related film for the rest of his life. so he better be doing the Hobbit.

no way they can do the Hobbit without McKellan. McKellan IS gandalf. as for Bilbo, they don't need Holm. they can go with someone younger.

but bring back Weaving, too. also, it'll be awesome to see smaug on screen.
Sorry U2, I totally agree with Bigboy here. Little twinkle toes prancing through the forest is a part of the book I have read only twice in my numerous reads of LOTR. I feel like I am back in high school reading Silas Marner where I drift off in some other place not realizing that I just read 50 pages of gobaly gook. Anyway, it definitely has its place in the book but it is not for the the movies.

I do agree with U2 on the shire, I felt like the 30 minute love fest at the end of ROTK could have been used for the uproar, the remenants of Saruman, and of course the last meeting with Treebeard who sums up the whole thing with the best quote in the book. Ironically, this is how the move trilogy began with Galadriel saying those great words. I cannot wait for The Hobbit. (only if Jackson directs it, which he has stated many times, he will.. www.theonering.net)
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote