View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 09:11 PM   #9
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

If only we had the option to get him for Simba, provided we included the right to swap future 2nd-round picks.

But seriously... if Nerlens was healthy (and I understand anyone having trepidation about this) he has the potential to be the best defensive center in the league for the next decade. Do you guys remember the commentary team mentioning the other night that Matrix and David Robinson are the only guys ever to end a season in the top 5 for rebounds and steals? Nerlens could be the third. Give him 33-35mpg... his career per-36 numbers are 12/10/2/2/2 on 50% shooting. Get him in a stable organization with an elite coach and you might have just found 23-year-old Tyson Chandler.

Again, an argument can be made that he might never be healthy, but with the way things have gone for us since winning the title, I'm all over trades for guys with this kind of potential.

I'd be willing to trade a top-5 or so protected first-rounder, plus Simba and Powell (provided he actually has positive value). Get his RFA rights if all you have to do is trade Simba and the 6th or 8th overall pick. Let's not act like lottery picks are sure things. Hell, see if the Sixers want Wes' veteran leadership too. Let's go nuts.

Last edited by spreedom; 11-29-2016 at 09:13 PM.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote