View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 03:03 PM   #27
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Nerlens fired his agent and hired Dan Fegan. That's a good sign for our prospects, if anything. As is what I perceive to be a much less robust market for him on the trade block. I felt like he was worth a lightly-protected pick leading into this season (and to put it lightly, I was in the minority, particularly around these parts) but right now, with his injury/attitude concerns, I think you could probably get him for a lottery-protected pick plus a useful player. If we called the Sixers today and offered Simba plus a lottery-protected pick that would likely convert into two 2nd-rounders, I think there's a decent chance Philly accepts. On top of that, I think you can sign him this summer at well below the max. Concerns aside, I still think he's exactly the kind of player the Mavs should be willing to gamble on. The upside is immense, and if you sign him for less than $16-18M a year he's unlikely to be difficult to trade if things don't work out.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote