View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #9
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Way too early to start worrying about how well the rookies will do. We're so deep at the guard position that Larkin might be buried back there. His best bet is to get healthy before Harris gets back and try to compete with Mekel for some minutes. Mekel is looking better and better though so we shall see.
I've been pretty encouraged by the way Mekel has developed through the preseason. Some of it is undoubtedly him coming off the bench recently, but after his summer league performance I was a bit surprised to see him look as slow-of-mind and limited-in-vision as he did in his first few games against NBA-caliber competition. In light of that it's been really nice to see him looking like he's catching on game-by-game to what's supposed to be going on out there.

Looking forward to seeing Larkin when he gets back. It's good for him that he's scheduled to beat Devin back from injury, because otherwise I don't know that he'd even have a chance at getting meaningful minutes. Of course, Calderon's durability being what it is there may very well end up being a game here or there early on where Mekel and Shane are the only two active point guards.