View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 01:15 AM   #266
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
BG,
Come on man, how could you consider to keep a rookie RB in Felix who missed over half the season, along with a rookie player in Choice who had some decent games while NO team planned for him and think that a Choice/Felix combo is the way to go...No way, at all..The Barber/Felix combo may be the most potent next season in the NFL. There is no way to change that, maybe we get something from Choice.

We dont need another talented RB, WR or TE on this team. We are two or three deep at those positions. The problem on the field is at the QB position. Rather it be #1 or 2 option, that is our main problem "ON" the field. The coaching staff is a mess, so we need a change at the Head Coach position, and move Wade to defensive coach, cut ties with Garret and get us another offensive coach as well. Lets do what we can do to get Cowher here, and watch him do his magic and bring discipline to this team. We lack leadership on and off the field..
I'm saying people will find a way to be disappointed in Barber more often than not if he remains the lead horse. He seems too much like Jacobs to me, the bruising style leads to breaking down. If you're starting RB misses time, even if you have a very talented guy behind him, it still messes with the offense. People will be upset if Barber adjusts his game a bit so he doesn't take as many hits. Maybe he goes out of bounds more instead of taking the extra hit for more yards. People will say "Man, Barber is getting soft!" I just don't see how he'll hold up.

And didn't I say that's just ONE way to look at it with Choice/Felix? Come on now, it's open to flexibility. I just know we'd get a lot back in return for MB opposed to Choice. I'd like to see a opposing stance on that one. How can Felix be untouchable in your opinion, but in my opinion it's scoffed at to see him sticking around because he missed half of the year? Is that just because Barber is still around in your option?

I never mentioned in my posts that we need to add a WR or RB. I really don't understand why you keep bringing that up.

Jerry can be a pretty zany guy, but I think we're going to have to take him at his word that Wade is coming back. It is what it is. I don't agree with it though. Wade does not have control of this team.

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 12-29-2008 at 01:19 AM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote