Thread: President Condi
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 12:44 PM   #3
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of
Default RE:President Condi

Quote:
Originally posted by: Chiwas
It would be a paved road for Hillary, or other, to win the presidency, despite the opinion of Morris.

Quote:
The political fact is that a Rice candidacy would destroy the electoral chances of the Democratic Party by undermining its demographic base. John Kerry got 54 percent of his vote from three groups that, together, account for about a third of the American electorate: African-Americans, Hispanics and single white women. Rice would cut deeply into any Democrat’s margin among these three groups and would, most especially, deny Clinton the strong support she would otherwise receive from each of them.
How many votes would Hillary steal from the Republican "demographic base"? Many more I think. Besides, it'd be naive to think that just because Rice "represents" minorities -which she in reality does not- , she would get their votes.

Condoleezza is not black or woman, much less hispanic; she is beyond gender or race, she is Condoleezza. Her nomination would assure a change of wing, thankfully and sanely.
I am not sure you realize how very much Republicans seem to dislike Hillary. The fact that she is female is nearly completely negated by the opinion most Republicans seem to have of her.

True, Condi may not get the votes of all minorities, but she'll get a good measure, I suspect.

I'd personally love it if Condi ran for president. She's everything I once dreamed I'd be.

edit: typo