View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 10:35 AM   #11
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custiom
Complete opposite of that. He plays defense and is durable, but is terribly inefficient on offense.
Should I rest my case? http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3416/career

If I remember correctly, he got hurt last year and had the worst year in his career numbers wise. Then as I look even more closely, I see that since his contract year, he has done poorly compared to the rest of his mediocre career. As I farther look, I see a career 26% 3-point shooter, plus about a 14% 3-point shooter for the last three years. Next, I see a 67% free throw shooter the last two years. Next I see a player that averaged 10 points in 2004-05, 13.6 in 2005-06, which are not pop-up numbers for a guy who averages 31 min in a starting role. Next I see a career average of 1.6 assists, with the last two years with an average of about 1 assist a game. Then next, I see a guy who averages about 2.6 turnovers a game this year. I next compare this to Stack who is averaging 2 turnovers a game since coming to the Mavs. If I re-call even that number gives us some fist from the standpoint of fans, so someone averaging 2.6 would cause great concern.

Lastly, lets add the fact that Mason is not a leader on/off the floor. Is not a leader for the Mavs. Is not the spark plug from the bench. The fact that he is not capable of hitting big shots, or playing with emotions on the floor to get the rest of the players fired up. Does not pass the ball well. Lets see, who says they love Mason?

If I missed something please let me know. But, it also seems that since the injury in 2005, he has fallen down even worse by the waistside. I like Mason as well, but I dont see how he fits the Mavs in any way at all. Stack is the perfect fit all the way around.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote