View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 03:39 PM   #39
Janett_Reno
Platinum Member

Janett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to allJanett_Reno is a name known to all

I think you said alot when you said "Does direct military intervention strengthen or weaken their position"?

It seems if they are stronger today than before. What if alot of schools and people are teaching kids and even adults to hate us and say look what they are doing. They won't tell the children we are helping but attacking the mother land and the religion. We know better than this but this is what i am trying to say, sometimes it is best to win people over by good will and them see you are sincere. That we do not like force and destruction. I am afraid some are trying to teach this to children and adults about us.

I also feel it was a big gamble.

Our guys in Vietnam was put in a hell hole and they could not fight a convential war. They had to walk around and try to kick up the enemy. This is bad dangerous. We had to try to guard and hold our positions. If the enemy ran across certain lines, we was not allowed to cross certain borders and lines. We could not stop the ant's, hornets and moles as they poured in and was in and yes they also lived underground.

This war in Iraq is taking on similar charteristics. Don't we all feel like that to stop the war and the enemy, that you must go to the root of the problem and where they are? Not us just wait on them to come to us, to hit and run or to suicide bomb and sit and wait for another.

If you go to the root and where alot of the enemy are and comming from, then you run into a big huge war spread over many countries. Are we willing to do this and for the long haul? Is it worth it to free people from dictators. Not our people or country but others. I feel all this is a big sticky situation. I do not have the answers, nor do i claim to, i like listening but i don't like the policy of just scout around and walk around and try to kick up the bad guys and be shot at. Run them out of fields and towns one day and us leave and they are back the next day.

This is not a football field but a big huge country they can be in the north one week, south next week, middle Iraq next week. Bascially raising hell and creating havoc. I just hope we find a better way to help lessing the killing, the suicide bombers and get this country back on track and let them live again and our guys and girls have a break.
Janett_Reno is offline   Reply With Quote