View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 04:15 AM   #10
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
If Vince's head is in the game he's about as close as you can hope to get to the Pierce/Kobe level, and I don't think he's that far off. He's a pretty brilliant playmaker - more capable of carrying the scoring load than Josh, and in a completely different world as a passer. I've no doubt this trade would improve the team. The catch is, with VC's contract and both Josh and Stack going out you've made all the impact moves you're going to be able to make for a while, so the question isn't whether it improves the team so much as whether it lifts them up to the LA/Boston/Cleveland level. I think it could, but it's not a given.
It does leave us w/out almost any tradeable assets until maybe next season when Damp becomes desirable. But then we would need a center in return for Damp. Could get tricky. Dooling is a good defender and could guard quicker pg's playing next to Kidd. I wonder if anyone out there prefers this deal to the Shaq/Barnes possibility? Davis/Kaman? Time for a poll? It's good to know there seem to be options out there for us. So glad we overpaid Stack a few years back...
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote