View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 12:55 PM   #61
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav Addict View Post
I don't think there should be any dead air right after ANY hit and when the someone is rounding the bases....to me it seems as if Tom is almost speechless or either doesn't want to even comment after said statement from Rhad. I keep waiting on more insight from Tom after Rhad speaks, but to no avail, there is none.

Lewin did talk too much, and the way he used to look Tom in the eyes was creepy, but his play by play was head and shoulders above Rhads.
He definitely has some work to do in drawing out Tom's thoughts. Josh struggled with that early as well.

And yes, dead air during action is bad and needs to be corrected. No doubt about that. I think he'll get better, but I still think it's highly questionable to let go of a guy as polished as Josh and bring in someone with no play by play experience of any kind.

I hope he gets better because I like his overall style better than I did Josh's.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote