View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 06:39 PM   #108
CGM
Golden Member

CGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant futureCGM has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Glad you spoke out and you should do more often as you seem to have a lot to offer this board.

People seem to be biased when only seeing what they want to see. They see a small guy and only look at the negative aspects. But Barea's small size allows him to get under people and basically bug the crap out of them. And when they put the ball on the floor the advantage tilts heavily in his favor. When he dribbles he makes defenses work and actually seems to create chaos for defenses.
He certainly has his flaws but it bothers me too when people stereotype size and automatically think he doesn't deserve PT or to even be in the league.
I think he brings a lot of personality to the team that we lacked...not sure who the crowd favorite would have been after losing VC before JJ showed up.
I too think he will do a lot for this team this season and be a big factor down the stretch.

Keep posting!!!
Nicely done, guys!

I have been reading (a lot!) and then posting (occasionally) on this entertaining forum since 2005, when JJB started playing for the team, so I have read ALL the possible OPINIONS from "non-believers", regarding whatever JJB couldn't (and still cannot) do because of his lack of size, defense, B.B. I.Q., etc., etc. etc....

In short, I was very happy to witness how JJB delivered all kinds of positive FACTS during the 2010-2011 postseason.

Today, as JJB is, I am very happy to see the kid come back to a franchise, to a COACH, who knows how to maximize his skills.

Que Vivan los Mavericos!!!