View Single Post
Old 08-13-2004, 07:23 PM   #84
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Surprise.....Civil suit filed against Kobe.....

Quote:
Originally posted by: LakerMania

This is just horrible. By the same token you could call a person a victim if they had rug burns due to rough sex or some scratches on their neck due to rough sex. I don't think anyone not involved in the case knows as of yet the exact amount of trauma she received. We do know however that she did not feel she needed to go to a hospital after her encounter with Kobe. We also know that there was not enough discomfort down there to prevent her from having sex with another person after being with Kobe.
The labeling of her as a victim is as wrong as me saying that Kobe is the victim.
1st of all you statement is highly sexist and misogynistic. It's incredible the lack of respect that you show for women in general especially those who have been sexually abused, violated, and raped. God forbid that any woman close to you gets raped. You'd brobably just say "Get over it, I'm not going to belive a word out of your mouth until a jury finds you truthful. In fact, I won't even wait for that. The 1st rumor that I hear that leads me to believe you wrong will irrevocably decide me against you."

Now in this young lady's case there was sufficient evidence that rape was commited to justify bringing the accused to trial. All but the most hardened misogynists would give this young lady at least a modicum of respect and civility until it was proven beyond a reseaonable doubt that she was lying. That would mean that they would at the very least listen to her side and honestly evaluate her side for truthfulness. However, you seem inclined to wait for her side to be told before making your rash and hateful judgements of her. Shame on you.

You have the audacity to make the most moronic and hateful of statements: "We also know that there was not enough discomfort down there to prevent her from having sex with another person after being with Kobe." This is an out and out lie. And you should be ashamed for espousing something like that unless you personally slept with her during the time frame in question, which I highly doubt. Accusations have been made that this was the case. However this is far from being conclusively proven. In fact the possibility is still to be conclusively proven. The young woman and the prosecution have been given no opportunity to respond publicly to these accusation. And yet biggoted fools like yourself insist in a public character assasination of a woman whose only offense has been to accuse the superstar on your basketball team of raping her. You owe her and the entire world a humble apology for you atrocious and unconscionable behavior.