View Single Post
Old 06-25-2021, 12:56 PM   #1876
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
For someone who accuses others for not reading posts, you sure glossed over mine

I said CARLISLE wants rookies to "prove" they deserve minutes

I might not agree with it but HE is the coach and that is one of HIS quirks. Carlisle only seems to play cerebral point guards as rookies - see Brunson and Yogi

If you want to use this as a point to replace Carlisle then that's another discussion but this is the way he is
Carlisle HATES unforced turnovers. Who does he especially hate those from? PG's. Who is likely to have lots of unforced turnovers? Rookie guards. Hard to really fault that mindset...but easy to see how it impacts people getting minutes.
You also have to consider he was never in a 'this is a rebuild year' situation. Always trying to win. Playing those rookies, while perhaps beneficial long term, was mostly never going to improve the Mavs ability to win now. In different situations, his rotations might well look different.

You also have to look at what the Mavs needed at the time. Take Green, for example. Mavs struggled offensively quite a bit this year. Was he going to help or hurt them offensively? Hurt, clearly. That alone really limited his playing opportunities. Where could he then best develop his skills? G league. Which is where he went. It should also be noted he didn't exactly tear it up there, either.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote