View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 03:03 PM   #154
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Seriously, how many teams have all of these things? And I honestly don't get why everyone clamors so much

The Lakers didn't have a PG that could penetrate, create offense, and keep up with quick guards.

I'm not sure I'd say the Celtics had a low post player that could create for some easy attempts.

I'm not sure who on the Bulls was that low post player that could create for some easy attempts, especially during those last three championships.

The problem is here that everyone gets stuck on their formulas for a championship, and thinks you need some stereotypical player in this role or that role. The fact of the matter is that it basically all comes down to talent. If the Mavericks were to somehow land a guy on the level of Chris Paul, they'd finally have that. The Mavericks failings all of these years weren't due to not having guys in the right roles. We simply have never had the talent to pull it (although we got darn close anyways).
My point was never that CP3 doesn't make us better and perhaps give us a better chance. It was that you can't sum it all up with, "our problem last year was we didn't have a second star." We have tried to have a second star for years now and it just hasn't been enough. Jet, Howard, Kidd, butler. I'm not saying I know or can chalk it up to 1 single thing. Perhaps there was more than one problem.

The more of those things you have, the higher our chances of winning it all are. The teams like LA, Boston, Orlando, Denver, Miami, perhaps S.A. are close. They all have a low post option, some better than others and most better than ours. Same thing with penetrators.

There hasn't been many teams that have won it all without a post presence. Chicago was the only team that you named that had significant success without a force of some sort down low and maybe that even depends on what you think of Dennis Rodman. But then again Jordan was the best player probably ever. The only other team that I can remember off the top of my head was Detroit and even with them Sheed provided some inside game.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote