View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 04:08 PM   #62
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
There are a lot of moving parts so its hard to say exactly how much $ we'll have this offseason. Definitely want Zaza, Dirk, Dwill and Powell back. Felton perhaps. Parsons not sure yet. i think we are stuck with Parsons for better or worse.
We have Zaza, Dirk, Felton and Parsons Bird Rights. And Powell early bird?

If we have room for a max deal I think the order of preference is Durant, Whiteside, Horford, Dwight Howard. Any of the 3 bigs would pair nicely with Zaza and Durant is Durant. After those options are exhausted then start to look at Noah, Ezelli, Jeff Green. Presuming Conley not an option. Really the key to all of this is Parsons- his health, does he opt in, what salary is he looking for if he opts out, do we even want to keep him?
Assuming we sign everyone back a max FA is probably not possible. I'd also hate to see them chase another pipe dream while losing Zaza in the process. I'd like to see them go into training camp with the majority of the team being familiar faces and stop overhauling the roster every season.
Sure I'd love to have Durant over Parsons but Parsons at his salary might be a bargain next season and Durant is a long shot.

That's why I think we should keep the core together as much as possible this time and then aggressively pursue the most suitable 2nd tier FA.

Last edited by rimrocker; 12-11-2015 at 04:11 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote