View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 01:55 PM   #331
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure where 'terrible' is coming from. His percentages could and will more than likely improve as well as his tov. Other than that, I would say that's pretty dang awesome for a 9th pick in his rookie year.

15.2 ppg, 3.8 reb, 5.2 ast, 2.8 tov, 1.0 stl, 39.5% FG% and 69.4% FT%
Could improve? It’s must if the goal is to win basketball games. His offense rating was 93 and def rating was 110. If Wes was the tank commander, DSJ was the general. Rick was using him to purposely lose basketball games. When I said “terrible” I just meant as an NBA player, not in comparison to other rookies. Doncic will likely struggle just the same, and I will not be disappointed. I wasn’t disappointed in Dennis either. He still looks like a steal at 9, and a possible future all star.

I know his stat line looks pretty similar to Westbrook’s rookie season, but Westbrook’s free throw percentage was above 80%. This tells you that his poor shooting percentage came from just being a rookie. Dennis’s ft percentage tells you that he just couldn’t shoot. He’ll learn to shoot, hopefully.

Last edited by FreshJive; 08-10-2018 at 01:57 PM.
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote