View Single Post
Old 10-13-2023, 11:10 AM   #96
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
I am glad. After a pretty good summer league, it was clear in the preseason games (0 minutes) that JKidd was not going to try and develop his talents. He will find a place elsewhere and have a solid NBA career. Good luck Mike!

What could Miles have contributed to the Mavs? He is a solid two-way player that also has playmaking skills. Mavs need someone like that to back up Luka and Kyrie. Perhaps, Exum can fill that role but the fact is the Mavs have zero playmakers (unless Exum produces) outside Luka and Kyrie. If one of them goes down with an injury, then they will have another deficiency in their personnel. I do not understand why they needed to cut him though. They had an open two-way spot for Dennis.
Mavs have a ton of playmakers outside of Luka and Kyrie. That's also a pretty huge exception because when healthy, we will always have one or both of them dominating the ball for the entire 48min.

Exum was brought in to be the two-way playmaker. He had 13pts, 9ast when given minutes versus Real Madrid. Good defense too.

Kidd has specifically said that Green is a two-way playmaking guard/forward.

Curry was brought in because he can spread the floor "and play some point"

Hardy should hypothetically be a combo guard. I think his experiment in summer league utterly failed and he will be at best a small flamethrower 2-guard, but they wanted to develop him thusly.

And if you want a really rough prospect, who is maybe more ready to contribute, Jelly Walker has been doing pretty good work in pre-season. 6pts, 2ast per game so far.

If anything that is TOO much depth. Some of those guys won't get run. I like Mike Miles, but he wasn't going to get minutes except maybe backup minutes in G-League. Now that he is cut, he can go to the Legends (avoiding the draft) or find a place where he can showcase his skills. It wasn't going to happen here buried behind Luka/Kyrie/Exum/Green/Curry/Hardy/Walker

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-13-2023 at 11:21 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote