View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 07:29 PM   #79
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
The Mavs actually have some decent chips right now.

Jason Kidd: A veteran point guard who still has some life left in his legs, but most importantly he has a huge expiring contract.

JHo: Versatile small forward with a decent contract. He's been injury prone, and has been in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons as of late. Still on the right side of 30 and is a past all star, so while his value isn't as high as it should be for a player of his talent, it's still alright and should net something good in return.

Stackhouse: Another expiring contract

Bass: SF/PF/C tweener. Big body, nice mid range game. Plays bigger than he is which usually works against him. Young, really nice contract.
The thing with the last two, I don't think you're going to be "wowed" with what you get in return. Bass' contract is way too small to bring anything good back, Bass is an additional piece with Stack or the other two. It appears Stack can get you Earl Watson...he's nice but someone out of Kidd, Jet or JJB needs to go in the process. That just means you need to make another deal.

I think Kidd is either going to be allowed to walk or maybe get a SnT deal done, or he'll be brought back on the cheap-side.