View Single Post
Old 06-10-2005, 12:17 PM   #28
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Another Dallas/Portland Trade

Quote:
Originally posted by: dalmations202
While in a perfect world, you would love to have great time to develop chemistry. In a racing analogy -- time to break in a motor. But if you don't have the correct parts, and pieces, you will never build an ultimate winner.

Does Dallas have the pieces/parts to be the winner? ?

Well since Dallas won 58 games this season with tons of inuries to key players and a huge turnover in players and a midseason coaching change. Then played like crap in the playoffs but were still 1 mistake away from forcing a game 7 in the 2nd round, I would say that we have sufficient talent if we can get the proper chemistry. These guys really need a 2nd year together to see if we can develop that chemistry, otherwise we're banking on getting so much more talent than anyone else that we can win it all sans chemistry. I don't like the odds of that happening.

If this team sticks together and just has normal levels on injuries next year, I don't see why they can't win 60+ games and seriously contend for a championship. At some point in time we have to stop blowing the team up and starting all over again. That said, I feel we could still do some Minor tweaking of the Roster, but if done it definitely should be minor unless we have a chance to land a huge talent gain in a trade. So if Cleveland calls and wants to trade LeBron for TAW, then I won't have a problem with it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]